The activities that will be carried out during the project are listed below:
- Hardware development for the sensing system (Bore-Head Radar).
- Software development to implement data processing algorithms and the man-machine interface.
- Hardware development and characterisation of the communications system within the drill string, including collaborative development of the inter-section rod connectors and slip rings.
- Integration of the Bore-head Radar hardware, software and data communication link, and the execution of tests in controlled environment (laboratory) to verify the main features of the prototype system.
- Bore-head Ground-Probing Radar demonstrations in defined operational site conditions.
- Development of standards to guide the direction of the project to ensure that the needs of the HDD and utilities industries are effectively addressed.
- Promotion of project results and networking.